History

As a national key university directly under the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, Central South University was established through the merging of the former Hunan Medical University, Changsha Railway University and Central South University of Technology on April 29, 2000.

The School of Mathematics and Statistics, formerly known as College of Mathematical and Physical Sciences in Changsha railway University, was established in 1953. Now it is located in CUS new campus.

For more information about history of CUS, please see http://en.csu.edu.cn/About/HistoryofCSU.htm.